What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?

None of international schools are settled yet in Harbin for foreign students for the time being. As the things stand, most of expats in this stage have to send their kids to the bilingual school in Harbin.
↑ Top

What are some examples of these schools?


The following is a school option to help expat deliberate before they consider choosing to stay in Harbin
  • Oriental Cambridge Education Group(OCEG)
  • Current students: US, South Korea, Japanese, Russian
  • There are two English class taken by a foreign teacher and a Chinese teacher everyday.
  • Tuition fee: RMB12,000 per semester(including lunch and shuttle bus service)
  • Contact of Headmaster in Harbin:13946076355

↑ Top

Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?

Yes, actually it is the case in China.
↑ Top

Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?

Generally, OCEG is open to the flexibility of enrollment to the foreign students as well as the local students between the age of two and five.
↑ Top

How are most kids transported to and from school?

The shuttle bus service is provided to to all foreign children from the school(OCEG)
↑ Top

When does the typical school year start and end?

Usually, the school year(OCEG) starts on Sep and ends on Jun next year. The school summer vocation comes between Jul and Sep and winter vocation is set in between Jan and Mar.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about local schools?

From the perspective of expats'needs, the local school is not appropriate option for foreign kids. The language skill is the biggest problem for the teachers. Furthermore, normally the local schools are not allowed to accept foreign students.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.