How close-knit is the expat community in this area? How do I get involved with it?

Various different cultures have established support groups. Details would be available in your local phone book or through word of mouth (i.e neighbours, co-workers, your child's school etc.). A good way to get involved and meet people is to join one of the local groups, including international clubs (if available) such as the French Club, German Club or American Club. Another good way is to volunteer your time to a charitable organization.
↑ Top

Beside expat groups, what is the best way to make social connections outside of work?

Volunteering your time to an organization or charity event are other great ways to meet people. You will see that most locals are very easy going and friendly. You can also meet people by visiting the city's various spas, nightclubs, bars and restaurants. Other ways to try and meet people are by joining a sport center or local club (i.e. International Women's Association of Prague (IWAP).
↑ Top

Where can I meet other singles in this city?

The local newspapers and magazines always have listings of the city's clubs (discos), hotspots and upcoming events. There are also several reputable singles networking associations that arrange evening and weekend activities such as dinners at restaurants, sightseeing and touring. Many singles join fitness clubs and hang out at the local cinemas. For further assistance please contact Crown Prague.
↑ Top

Are there any unique networking opportunities for accompanying partners?

Partners can also get to know locals by joining a group or volunteering their time to a local organization and/or charity. This is a great way to get out there, be involved and meet new people.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.