Non-EEA work permit quota announced for 2016 in Romania
April 4, 2016
The Romanian Government has released the work permit quota for 2016 and published in the Official Gazette of Romania. Beginning March, 2016, 5,500 places for non-EEA work permits have been released. Although the overall quota has not changed compared to 2015, some changes were introduced. The quota is distributed as follows:
- 100 work permits for cross-border travelers
- 200 work permits for seasonal staff
- 200 work permits for training purposes
- 700 work permits for seconded employees (intra-company transfers), reduced from 900 in 2015
- 800 work permits for highly-skilled workers
- 3,500 work permits for permanent workers, increased by 200 compared to 2015
The General Immigration Inspectorate started to issue the work authorizations as per the official release. Ministry of Labour, Family and Social protection has a decisive power to increase the annual quota in the case of an exhaustion.
This summary was prepared using information obtained from the Official Gazette of Romania (in Romanian).
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact the Regional Immigration Manager, EMEA, Vladimir Dziak.