Where you go, they go!
July 17, 2015
Relocating can be stressful for the whole family, including members with four legs and a wagging tail.
It’s important that you plan ahead, to ensure your pet stays safe and settles quickly into new surroundings. Ask your veterinarian what you can do to minimize your pet’s anxiety during the move and to help him or her adjust to your new home.
Here’s a few tips to get you started …
- Purchase a pet ID tag with your new address and telephone number, and put them on right before the move
- Consider a pet microchip. Already chipped? Update the company’s records
- Immunization and quarantine requirements vary widely by country, so eliminate unwanted surprises by finding out well in advance what the rules are
- Find a veterinarian at your new location. If your pet falls ill, you’ll be prepared
- Select a pet transport company that specializes in international pet transfers. Crown has worked with a number of pet transport companies and can recommend a reputable company to ensure your pet is moved safely and comfortably
Want to know more? Click here to read Crown Dallas’ General Manager, Barbara Lindenberg’s, top tips for moving with pets and settling into your new location.