Expats in Brussels who do not speak French tend to choose and English-language international school for their children. Such schools use British, American or international curricula. Many parents find these schools preferable because their programmes are similar around the world, and thus children can integrate more easily into a new school when the family moves again.
Parents who speak French may choose and international school, French-speaking private school or a French-speaking local school for their children.
Japanese transferees tend to send their children to the Japanese School of Brussels.
- British International School of Brussels – British National Curriculum for children of all nationalities aged 2 to 11,
- British Junior Academy of Brussels – British National Curriculum for children aged 3 to 11,
- British School of Brussels – British curriculum for children aged 1 to 18,
- St. Paul’s British Primary School – UK National curriculum for children aged 3-11.
Other foreign schools:
- Athenee Ganenou, Brussels – liberal Jewish school (French-speaking), nursery through high school,
- Athenee Maimonde, Brussels – traditional Jewish school (French-speaking), nursery through high school,
- Brussels American School – American system (DoDDS), kindergarten through high school,
- Deutsche Schule Brüssel – German curriculum for all levels,
- Japanese School of Brussels – Japanese curriculum for children aged 6 to 15,
- Lycée français Jean Monnet, Brussels – French curriculum, preschool through high school,
- Scandinavian School of Brussels, Waterloo – Scandinavian curricula offered in Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish and Icelandic for children aged 2½ to 19.
Contact Crown Brussels for current information on the schools you’re interested in.
Most schools operate school bus transportation.
September 1 to June 30.
Feel free to contact Crown Brussels if you have any questions.
British International School of Brussels
British Junior Academy of Brussels
British School of Brussels
St. Paul’s British Primary School
Brussels American School
Deutsche Schule Brüssel
Japanese School of Brussels
Lycée français Jean Monnet
Scandinavian School of Brussels
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Please contact your closest embassy or consulate for confirmation.