What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?
In Rotterdam, most expat parents choose to send their children to private international schools. There is a wide range of these schools in Rotterdam and its surrounding areas. Also, Rotterdam is only 25 kilometers from The Hague, where many additional international schools are located.
What are some examples of these schools?
International primary and secondary education in Rotterdam:
- American International School of Rotterdam - primary and secondary education, ages 4 to 18
- De Blijberg - primary education, ages 4 to 12
- Japanese School of Rotterdam - ages 6 to 15
- Rotterdam International Secondary School Wolfert van Borsselen - English stream, secondary education, ages 11 to 19
International schools in The Hague:
- The British School in the Netherlands - foundation, junior and senior school
- Deutsche Schule Den Haag - ages 3 to 19
- Lycée Français Vincent van Gogh - ages 3 to 18
- Iranian Community School - ages 5 to 18
- The International School of The Hague - ages 11 to 18
- HSV/The Hague International Primary School - ages 4 to 11
International higher and post-graduate education in the area:
- European University of The Hague
- International School of Economics Rotterdam
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- The Rotterdam School of Management
Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?
Waiting lists are quite common. Please contact Crown Rotterdam for up-to-date information on waiting lists and admission in general.
Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?
Yes, but keep in mind that a lot of these schools also have waiting lists.
How are most kids transported to and from school?
Most schools have school bus transportation. Public transport, drop-off by parents or bicycling to school are also possible options.
When does the typical school year start and end?
September to June or July
Is there anything else I should know about local schools?
Some local schools have an international department. Please contact Crown Rotterdam.
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.