Are there any vaccinations I should get or other health precautions to take as I prepare for my move to your city?
Health professionals strongly recommend that travelers to Vietnam get inoculations against yellow fever, typhoid, hepatitis A and B, tetanus and polio.
In addition, if you plan to stay in remote rural areas, you'll want to get vaccinations against rabies and Japanese encephalitis.
↑ Top

Before I get sick, what should I know about seeking medical care in your city as an expat?
Expats will not be refused treatment at local hospitals. However, to get an international standard of service, you should go to an international hospital or emergency. It is also advisable to have international health insurance.
↑ Top

What is the word for "doctor" in the local language?
Bac Sy.
↑ Top

What is the best way to locate a suitable health care provider?
For first aid, you can contact SOS at +84 4 3826 4545 or Hanoi Family Medical Practice at Hanoi: +84 4 3843 0748. Hanoi French Hospital can be reached at +84 4 3577 1100.
↑ Top

Do expats in the area tend to leave the city/area/country to seek medical care? If so, why and where do they go?
This depends. International standard medical care is available in Hanoi, but it can be expensive. Many expats who are unsatisfied with local care choose to fly to Bangkok or Singapore.
↑ Top

What is the number to call to summon help in an emergency? List medical/fire/police.

  • Medical: 115/o 574 0740/934 0555
  • Fire: 114
  • Police: 113

↑ Top

What do I do if there's an emergency in the middle of the night—or at another time when my normal doctor/clinic is unavailable?
Call one of the above medical emergency numbers.
↑ Top

How will I recognize a pharmacy? What is it called in the local language?
Look for the green cross outside. The Vietnamese word for pharmacy is Nha Thuoc .
↑ Top

Is the water safe to drink?
No. Drink bottled mineral water or purify your water with a filter.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.