Macau Accommodation

What are the top factors to keep in mind when searching for a place to live in your city?
Convenience in transport and easy access to groceries and supermarkets.
↑ Top

What are the most popular neighborhoods in your city for expats?
Apart from Macau city, Taipa and Coloane are two separate islands that link to Macau city by three bridges at different districts. Both islands are developing fast, especially the Taipa Island, which is developing a lot of new residential buildings. The Coloane island has two popular beaches: the Chock-Wan and Hak-Sa beaches.
↑ Top

Do expats tend to buy or rent their homes?
Around 95% rent their homes and only 5% buy.
↑ Top

Typically, will I be required to pay additional money up front (such as a deposit) before moving into leased housing? If so, how much is common?
Yes. Normally one to one-and-a-half month’s deposit up front is required before leasing a house.
↑ Top

Are utilities generally included in the price of rent, or are they extra?
Not generally. Some may include electrical appliances, such as air conditioner, heater or gas stove.
↑ Top

Are there special security concerns I should be aware of in regards to my home or choice of neighborhood?
Macau is a very safe place. There are police stations and reporting centers throughout the territory.
For emergencies, dial 999. There are also two new 24-hour emergency hotline numbers - 110 and 112 - meant to facilitate emergency calls by tourists from the mainland and abroad.
↑ Top

I’m not sure if I should bring my appliances. What is the electric current, Hz and plug shape in your city?
The electric current is 220V.
↑ Top

Do you have any other accommodation information that might help me?
Please contact Crown representitive for more information.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.