How close-knit is the expat community in this area? How do I get involved with it?
The expatriate community is very tight-knit in Washington, D.C. You can find a variety of clubs, community groups and religious gatherings throughout the city. Your best bet is to contact your local embassy for a listing of local social and community clubs.
↑ Top

Beside expat groups, what is the best way to make social connections outside of work?
Most expatriates socialize with neighbors, colleagues, friends or family from home. Many find friends at the nearby country club or social club. Places of worship are another good place to meet people. The local chamber of commerce and foreign embassies are great places to start gaining resources in your search for social connections within the community. There is also a large number of professional and social club activities listed in local newspapers.
↑ Top

Where can I meet other singles in this city?
Numerous events for singles are offered during the week, either at bars or hotels, and there are plenty of single clubs and organizations, such as EuroCircle and Euronet International, that go out of their way to connect people of similar interests.

If you want to meet people of your own nationality, it is a good idea to contact your native country’s embassy or consulate as they normally can provide information on local networking groups
↑ Top

Are there any unique networking opportunities for accompanying partners?
There are networking opportunities for accompanying partners in Washington, D.C. We suggest that you contact your local embassy or consulate as well as the local chamber of commerce.

Overall, there are plenty of opportunities for the whole family to make a new network of friends, work contacts and social contacts in the Washington, D.C., area.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.