Make moving fun for the whole family
November 12, 2014
Let’s face it, as a relocating parent, your biggest concern is how your child will handle moving to another city or country. For some, the fear of leaving friends, a school they know and a familiar routine can be daunting.
But not to worry, here are some tips to help you prepare your child(ren) for their upcoming move to the UAE:
- While assembling your journal in your home country, research the UAE and all the fun things it has to offer. Start building enthusiasm for your future visits to:
- Before you leave your family home, make a final visit to your child’s favorite places. Take photos and start a “relocation journal”. Place the photos, explanations and descriptions of the fun times shared inside a book
- The desert – have you tried desert camping?
- A day at the beach swimming in the ocean and building sand castles
- Some of the largest indoor play zones in the world
- Thrilling water parks – to name a few: Wild Wadi, Marine & Waterpark at Atlantis Dubai and Yaz Waterworld
- Rich, green parks, filled with playgrounds, pedal cars and bouncy castles – make sure you visit Safa Park, Zabeel Park and Abu Dhabi’s Corniche!
- Ski Dubai – this indoor ski resort also houses a number of penguins who are let out of their enclosure for public interaction!
- The impressive aquarium at Dubai Mall – we recommend that you visit their zoo, feed the fish and take a ride on their glass bottom boat. While at Dubai Mall, visit KidZania. KidZania provides children and their parents with a safe and unique educational environment to do whatever comes naturally to them, including role-play
- Motor City Go Karting
Upon your arrival in the UAE, plan some of the above activities as a special treat. Reward your child for good behavior or achievements at school.
And don’t forget to capture these new and meaningful family moments, and add them to your relocation journal. Doing so will allow your child to see relocating as a wonderful experience and build a treasure trove of memories in your new location – valued by your child for years to come!
For further information about moving with children, click here