Most expats choose to send their children to private multi-denominational, co-educational schools.
- Castle Park - co-ed private international school (Montessori and primary); multi-denominational
- Dalkey School Project -co-ed national; non-denominational
- St. Andrew's College - co-ed international school; multi-denominational
- St. Killian's College - co-ed school; multi-denominational
- International School of Dublin - co-ed international school
Some schools will have a waiting list, however, no child will be refused a place in the educational system.
Yes, pre-schools are widely available for children between the ages of 2 to 5.
In most cases kids are transported to and from school by school buses and public transport. In some cases, parents drive their children or they form car pools with other parents.
The typical school year starts on September 1 and ends on June 30.
Most schools, public or private, require students to wear a school uniform.
Ireland's Educational System:
Portal for Irish Education:
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Please contact your closest embassy or consulate for confirmation.