Specialized packing techniques
Carefully wrapped, safely stowed
We take every care to ensure your personal belongings are packed safely and securely in transit or storage. Our teams are highly trained in the art of handling objects with care, as well as the science of safe packing and loading.
We use good quality, environmentally friendly packing materials and customized crating for special care items or higher-value objects.
All our full-time packing crews are trained in-house at the Crown University. The care they display for your belongings is matched by the respect they show for the home.
We use specialized packing techniques to take care of different items:
- Soft packing materials protect polished surfaces
- Padded kraft paper covers exterior of piece
- Boxed in cardboard for stronger support where needed
Fragile items are crated, as necessary.
From glassware to china, large or small, each item is individually wrapped, cushioned and carefully boxed prior to shipment.
- Tissue and corrugated bubble wrap for added protection
- Contour packing allows for safer handling and space-efficient loading
Custom crating provides maximum protection where needed.
- Laydown cartons keep clothes flat and saves space
- Upright wardrobes let coats and suits remain hanging in transit
- Tissue paper between layers of clothing
Items should be clean and dry prior to packing.
Sensitive electronic items, such as televisions, are protected by using non-static cushioning materials that provide protection in transit.
- Always custom packed
- Grand pianos are disassembled for transit
- Extra care is taken to accommodate heavy weight and delicate inner mechanism
Note: pianos should be tuned two weeks after delivery.
- Always rolled, not folded (length permitting)
- Wrapped with porous material to allow rugs to breathe
- Desiccant packets are used to keep carpets moisture-free
Note: rugs should be clean and dry prior to packing.
- Packing is customized for items with delicate and irregular structures
- Items are padded and reinforced to protect vulnerable areas
Crates are made to measure and used for select items that are fragile, extremely heavy or of high value.
- Automobiles are securely braced into steel containers
- Motorcycles are transported in custom-built crates
Batteries are disconnected and fuel tanks are drained, according to regulations.
- Specialized door-to-door service
- Quick transport minimizes stress to animal
- Knowledge of quarantine and customs in each country ensures an easier transition for both pet and family.