Moving to Canada & US: the last immigration updates to take into consideration!
February 3, 2017
If you are planning to relocate from Saudi Arabia to North-America, some changes on immigration regulations have been made recently. Here the most important ones:
• A job offer only needs to be for at least one year from the time the permanent residence status begins. Previously, a job offer had to be permanent.
• An extension has been made to the length of time a person has to submit a complete application after they receive an Invitation to Apply. This period was 60 days and has now been extended to 90 days
• Also, foreign students who earn a degree in Canada will be eligible to receive either 15 or 30 points, depending on the number of years required to complete their program of studies
The US Citizen and Immigration Service has recently announced a readjustment of the fees required for most immigration applications. On average, there has been a 21% increase. Some fees which have increased are:
- A new three-level fee for naturalization applications
- Certificates of Citizenship
- Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship documents
This summary was prepared using information obtained from Peregrine Immigration Management and USCIS.
Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact your local Crown team, which will be able to guide you.