Please select the country

Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?
It is not necessary, but will be convenient.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?
A foreigner is allowed to drive with an international license for one year. After that, you must get a Japanese driver's license and you must also carry insurance.
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?
Left side.
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.
Trains and taxis.
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.
Trains, taxis and buses.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?
For trains and subways, purchase tickets before entering the platform. Stored-value tickets are available as well as one-trip tickets. Bus fare is paid on the bus.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.

Free Moving Quote

The First Step on Your
New Adventure

  • Your enquiry is handled by an expert advisor
  • Form only takes one minute to complete
  • Crown operate in over 200 locations worldwide
..everything went like clockwork and times were all on schedule..;