Relocating your family’s best friend interstate or across the globe
Moving days can be difficult for the whole family, and this includes our pets. As a Crown customer you can rest assured that your pet transport will be managed by caring, knowledgeable and compassionate handlers. With a global network of pet transport specialists, Crown guides you through all registrations, special travel requirements and medical regulations so that you can feel confident that you’re pal will enjoy a happy, stress-free relocation.
Here’s how to keep your pet safe come moving day:
Make sure your plan ahead
- Purchase a pet identification tag with your new address and telephone number and attach it to your pet before the move.
- Where applicable, ensure your pet has been microchipped.
- Find a vet at your new location.
- Talk to us about preferred pet transport companies at origin and destination.
Prepare your pet
- Maintain a normal routine and stick to the same feeding and walking schedule before and after the move.
- Prior to the move, place moving boxes in plain sight and move them around so the sound becomes familiar.
On moving day
- Try to either leave your pet with a friend, sitter or boarding facility, or keep them in a quiet room with less disruption.
- Some movers prefer to not have pets around on packing day due to liability reasons, so check with them beforehand.
- Ensure your pet is correctly certified based on the destination location.
- Speak to your vet about relevant rabies and any other required vaccinations.
- Our knowledge of quarantine and customs in each country ensures a seamless transition for both pet and family.
Settling into your new place
- Let your pet explore their new surroundings in their own time.
- Make sure your pets know where its bedding, toys, food, and water are positioned.
Reward your pet with plenty of praise and encouragement.
Our pet transport service includes:
- Flight booking
- Comprehensive itinerary
- An international pet travel expert advice about any vaccinations your pet may require, destinations quarantine and customs requirements
- Collection of your pet(s) in a fully customised animal transport vehicle
- Access to Pet Transit Lounge & health check my Pet Specialist pre-flight
- Pet priority check in at airport
- Boarding assistance (if required)
- Delivery of your pet(s) to their new home, anywhere worldwide
- 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service
We are here to make sure your furry friend has a safe and enjoyable journey too! Call our team today 1300 135 607 or Request a Call Back and we will contact you shortly.