How close-knit is the expat community in this area? How do I get involved with it?
There are many different types of international and networking groups active in The Netherlands. Some are specific to location, others to nationality, common interests or gender. Some examples include the following:
- International Business Club for the Eindhoven Region (IBUC)
- Access – an organization based in The Hague offering free advice and support to internationals living in The Netherlands
- The American Women’s Club - branches in Amsterdam and The Hague
- The German Netherlands Society
- There are several meetup groups in Eindhoven, as well as further afield in Amsterdam or The Hague. New groups get started all the time and are easy to maintain and manage. If you don’t find a group you like by the time of your relocation, you could even start one up!
- Internations is a web-based group offering social networking opportunities for international-minded members. A monthly fee is payable and most meetings also come with a small attendance cost. There is an internations community in Eindhoven.
- The International Women’s Club of Eindhoven (IWCE) and The North American Women’s Club
There are also many sports clubs or other associations with a mixed Dutch and international membership.
Crown Relocations can advise you further regarding networking groups based on your own specific needs.
Beside expat groups, what is the best way to make social connections outside of work?
Volunteering and Other Socially Aware Groups
There are many opportunities to get involved with groups whose aim is to improve things either for the environment, other people, society in general or animals for example. Some examples of these are detailed below:
- Amnesty International in Amsterdam hold monthly meetings
- Volunteers are also welcome at the animal shelters
Where can I meet other singles in this city?
Many single expats in The Netherlands visit bars, pubs or clubs. You can also join one of Expatica's speed dates.
Are there any unique networking opportunities for accompanying partners?
Not exclusively for accompanying partners but they can join any of the groups mentioned above
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.