Please select the country

Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?

You can take the subway or a taxi. Driving a vehicle is not necessary.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?

You will need to get a local driving license. Contact Crown Dalian for assistance with this.
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?

People drive on the right side of the road.
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.

The light rail and taxis are the best options.
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.

Yes, you can also use taxis or the light rail to get outside of the city.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?

Look out for pedestrians, cyclists, taxis and cars as they can be very careless.
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?

Light rail tickets are available at the station entrances.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.


Free Moving Quote

The First Step on Your
New Adventure

  • Your enquiry is handled by an expert advisor
  • Form only takes one minute to complete
  • Crown operate in over 200 locations worldwide
..everything went like clockwork and times were all on schedule..;