7 tips to ease your move during the holiday season
November 14, 2019
Moving during the year-end holiday season is not the best case scenario but sometimes you may not have control over choosing your moving date. Planning your relocation amidst Christmas preparations can get quite hectic for you and your family, but with these tips, it is actually still possible to enjoy your holidays at the same time:
1. Plan every step of your relocation process in advance so you can avoid unpleasant surprises that will ruin the Christmas mood. If you tend to forget things in the times of chaos, practice jotting everything down in a notebook or your phone so you won’t leave anything out.
2. Do your research on relocation companies to best manage your move and book them well in advance. Festive seasons are peak periods for relocating, so you wouldn’t want to risk enquiring only once they’re fully booked.
3. Follow up with traffic reports as roads might be closed for events during the festive season. Remember to communicate with your movers on the most convenient route and time to schedule any logistic arrangements.
4. Manage the expectations of every member in the family, especially the little ones. Let them know that this Christmas celebration is going to be slightly different than the previous ones! However, try to stick as closely as you can to traditional norms so you and your family won’t really feel out of place.
5. Get as much help as you can. The more hands helping with the move, the more time you will have to enjoy Christmas. Encourage the kids to pack and unpack their own belongings so you won’t have to do it all on your own.
6. Pack a box of items that you will need during Christmas and label it clearly so it will be easy to spot amongst all the other stuff. Once you’re in your new home, you can unpack the Christmas box first and start decorating!
7. There’s no rush to unpack the rest of the stuff. As long as you have your essentials, take the time to enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones. You can leave the rest of the unpacking for another day.
If you need more assistance for your move during this festive season, we provide immigration services, moving services, home search, school search, settling-in assistance and more. Feel free to reach out to our team of experts in Malaysia at +603 5636 9166 or email@example.com.