Signed, sealed, delivered: the dream move day
September 16, 2014
The ‘to do’ list when you’re moving house may seem never ending, especially if you’re relocating abroad.
We understand that families, individuals and couples from all different walks of life go through the same process when emigrating abroad. Whether you live in an apartment or a mansion, our fifty years of experience moving people has taught us a lot.
Our experts have put together a list of top tips for a smooth relocation and to prepare you (as best as we can) for the big day.
- Make sure you or someone you trust is present during the arrival and departure of our packing teams. You are responsible for ensuring all your items are packed and removed before the team leaves
- Our teams needs clear access to your property on move day/s, so please make sure you let us know about any specific permits or bookings for parking, access or service lifts
- Make sure your white goods are disconnected, drained or defrosted at least 48 hours before move day. Disconnect stereo and home theatre systems too, and remove ink cartridges from printers, backing up all data on electronic devices
- Remove and fold bed linen from the beds
- Empty fuel from items such as lawnmowers, chainsaws etc. Don’t forget to sort loose items in garages or your garden shed, and ensure your outdoor items are thoroughly cleaned
- Clearly identify goods that are to be transported from those you are leaving behind - please inform our packing teams on their arrival
- Dismantle self-assembly furniture unless otherwise arranged with your Move Manager
- Inform your Move Manager if you are considering taking any food, alcohol or liquids. Some countries have strict rules around the importation of these items
Still feeling a bit stuck and need a bit more advice, look no further. Our experts are on hand to answer any of your questions, no matter how big or small, just call 0800 731 4409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org