Please select the country

Until further notice dependent visas will not be issued to unmarried partners.

The Thai Immigration Authorities will no longer accept a sworn affidavit to confirm a committed long-term relationship. The policy change, which has not been officially published, means that the authorities will now only accept a formal marriage certificate as evidence of a relationship.

This change affects couples planning to relocate to Thailand and those who are currently in Thailand with dependent visas. In these circumstances it will not be possible to renew the dependent visa without the submission of a marriage certificate.

This summary was prepared using information obtained from the Thailand Immigration Bureau and One-Stop Service Center. No source available at the time of writing.

Disclaimer: The above information is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have any further inquiries regarding the applicability of this information, please contact Angie Volz:

Free Moving Quote

The First Step on Your
New Adventure

  • Your enquiry is handled by an expert advisor
  • Form only takes one minute to complete
  • Crown operate in over 200 locations worldwide
..everything went like clockwork and times were all on schedule..;