There is so much to consider when you’re preparing for a relocation. Your Crown Consultant can help guide you through the process and help it feel less overwhelming. Before your in-home consultation, there are some things you’ll want to consider. Below are some guidelines and an outline of what you can expect from us when we get together.
Before your appointment:
- Please plan for the consultant to be with you for 60 to 90 minutes to ensure we get a thorough understanding of your needs and you have a chance to ask all the questions you want to.
- Do a walk-through of your home, checking closets, drawers, garages, attics and basements.
- Determine which items will be moved and which won’t.
- Make a list of the items (clothing and other personal effects) that you’ll take with you as luggage.
- Are you relocating with children? Pick a few toys or books you’ll carry with you.
- If you’re relocating overseas, ensure your electrical items are compatible with your destination.
- If this is a corporate relocation, become familiar with your employer’s Relocation Policy.
Appointment walk-through and inventory - Your Consultant will:
- Meet with you to discuss your requirements and needs and address any questions you have.
- Accompany you on a walk-through of your home and complete a detailed inventory of all goods to be moved.
- Assess any fragile or high-value items that require additional protection or special treatment.
- Accurately assess the volume of your goods and any special packing requirements.
- Discuss your preferred packing dates and potential transit times.
- Determine any extra services, such as storage, house cleaning, car or pet transportation.
- Discuss rules for transporting dangerous goods, food, liquids and/or alcohol.
Post-walk-through and inventory – Your Consultant will:
- Tell you about Crown Relocations, our experience and how we will help you to “Go knowing.”
- Explain our packaging techniques (including our commitment to the environment) and transit options.
- Provide information on documentation requirements.
- Inform you of destination requirements and customs regulations if you’re relocating overseas.
- Discuss risk management and policy options available for your protection.
- Complete a Move Planner highlighting our commitments to you.
- Advise when we’ll provide your tailored Service Proposal.
Together, we’ll work to ensure your relocation goes as smoothly as possible.