Preparing for packing day
When the crew arrives our team leader will confirm all the items to be removed before we begin to carefully pack your belongings.
All the people on our packing teams are known for their skill in the technical side of packing, as well as their courtesy when visiting your home.
Prior to loading, every item is numbered to match with the packing inventory. Color-coded labels are used to help delivery crews match items to the right rooms at destination.
Through our training programs, our people learn best practice in handling your belongings safely and with the care you expect.
Tips to prepare for packing day
To help ensure your relocation goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a few tips to help you prepare before we arrive on moving day:
- Ensure you (or someone you trust) are present during the arrival and departure of our packing team. It is your responsibility to ensure all items intended for removal are packed and removed before the team leaves.
- We need suitable parking for a commercial vehicle and clear access to your property on move day/s, so please make sure this is available or let us know if you think this might be a problem.
- Let us know if any specific permits or bookings are required for parking, access or service lifts.
- Empty and defrost your refrigerator/freezer at least 48 hours prior to move day.
- Plumbed refrigerators must be disconnected and drained in advance.
- Disconnect your washing machine, drain all water and install a stabilizer bar/bolt to secure the bowl or drum in transit.
- Remove and fold all bed linen from the beds. Waterbeds must be drained and dismantled prior to move day.
- Empty fuel from any mechanical items, such as motor mowers, trimmers, chainsaws and blowers.
- Ensure all outdoor items are thoroughly cleaned and free of any dirt, soil or grass.
- Sort loose items in garages and garden sheds and dispose of or separate those items not being moved.
- Make sure that your goods to be transported are clearly identified and kept separate from those you are leaving behind. When the packing team arrives, let them know which ones are to go and which are staying.
- Dismantle self-assembly furniture unless otherwise arranged with your Move Manager.
- Disconnect stereo and home theater systems. Tip: Take digital photos of the cables so you can put them together easily at destination.
- Remove ink cartridges from printers and batteries from any games, toys and electrical equipment.
- Inform your Move Manager if you are considering taking any food, alcohol or liquids. Some countries have strict rules around the importation of these items.
- If possible, arrange for young children to be looked after by family, friends or a sitter on moving day.
- Ensure that you back up all data stored on electronic devices.