Are you a millennial expat? Check it in our test!
November 3, 2017
From adventure seekers to career-focused, there are many types of expats. The youngest ones tend to be called “millennials”, but do you really have a millennial spirit? Let’s test it!
1. During your day, you would highly likely use several digital devices. Do you think that you have a good understanding of digital technology?
2. We are currently living in a complex society. Do you find it easy to be tolerant towards people with different ideas?
3. Stop for a moment this test, and check your smartphone, have you taken more than 10 selfies during the last week?
4. Do you have more than three apps which offer you personalized services –(for example, shopping suggestions, images adjustments for flawless skin, etc.)
5. Technology is making communications easier than ever before. Are you currently volunteering in any organization or working group (virtual or face-to-face) to try to solve or fight against a particular issue?
6. If every day you do the same, do you find it hard to keep the routine and you are eager to engage with new experiences (from trying a new dish to visiting a new country)?
7. Have you created any thinking “new” during the last week (written a story, personalized your clothes, prepared a recipe in a different way, use new filters in some photos…)?
8. If there is suddenly a change of plans, would you easily adjust to it?
If you have answered to five or more questions yes, then welcome to the “millennial expat” club!
According to a research carried out by SYZYGY last year, millennials have a series of common qualities and skills, which differentiate them from other groups. Among these traits are a good command of digital technology, being tolerant and cooperative and an adventurous spirit.
If you are already planning your next adventure, don’t forget to check our destination guides!