Please select the country

As a foreign resident, what is my status in your country?
Nationals of most countries can enter the Philippines without a visa. (Check with your Foreign Ministry to find out if you need a visa.) Most visitors are given 21-day tourist visas (9A) at entry and are free to travel anywhere in the Philippines.
↑ Top

What kinds of visas are available?
There are three main categories of visas in the Philippines:

  • Permanent visa (also called an immigrant visa) - This category is for foreigners who are married to Filipinos (13A), former Filipinos who are now naturalized citizens of another country (13G) and former PRs of the Philippines (13E).
  • Non-immigrant visa - This category covers tourist or short-term business visas (9A) and the most common kind of work visa (9G). Spouses of 9G visa holders will be issued dependent's visas under this category.
  • Special visa - This category is for investors who are registered with the Bureau of Investment.

↑ Top

What is required to obtain these visas?
You will need to provide a letter of employment from your employer and certified copies of birth and marriage certificates (as applicable). If these documents are not in English, it is advisable to have them officially translated. Crown Manila can also assist you with obtaining your visa.
↑ Top

Are spouses permitted and/or likely to find work?
Yes, but the company that wishes to employ your spouse will also have to sponsor the work visa.
↑ Top

What are the main forms of identification and how does a newcomer obtain them?
The Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) is issued to all foreign nationals who are long-term visa holders in the Philippines. This is the main form of identification during one's stay in the Philippines and is issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
↑ Top

Are there any other important permits I must obtain, or places where I must register right away?
The relevant visa and the ACR are the most important documents for foreign nationals. Also ensure that you register with your embassy and keep them informed of how to contact you in case of emergency.
↑ Top

What items should I avoid bringing into the country?
Do not bring illegal drugs, pornography, guns and weapons.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about entering and remaining in the country legally?
Always keep your visa updated and valid.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative. Alternatively, click here to find out more about our immigration services. 


Free Moving Quote

The First Step on Your
New Adventure

  • Your enquiry is handled by an expert advisor
  • Form only takes one minute to complete
  • Crown operate in over 200 locations worldwide
..everything went like clockwork and times were all on schedule..;