We use specialised packing materials to take care of your items. Making sure that they are protected at every step of the way. Below we’ve listed how we protect items of all shapes and sizes:
- Soft packing materials are used to protect polished surfaces.
- Padded kraft paper covers the exterior of pieces.
Furniture is boxed in cardboard for stronger support where needed.
Fragile items are crated, as necessary.
Small fragile items
All small fragile items such as, glassware and china are individually wrapped, cushioned and carefully boxed prior to being added to the shipment.
Large fragile items
- Larger fragile items are wrapped in tissue and corrugated bubble wrap for extra protection.
- We also use Contour packing to allow for safer handling and space-efficient loading.
- Custom crating is also an option to provide maximum protection where needed.
We offer two types of packaging for clothing:
- Laydown cartons, these will keep clothes flat and save space
- Upright wardrobes, lets coats and suits remain hanging in transit
- Tissue paper is used between the layers of clothing for added protection
Sensitive electronic items, such as televisions, are protected by non-static cushioning materials that provide protection in transit.
- We will always custom pack pianos. We take extra care to accommodate the heavy weight and delicate inner mechanism.
- Grand pianos will be disassembled for transit.
Note: pianos should be tuned two weeks after delivery.
We customise packing for any irregular shaped or delicate items you would like to take with you. These items will be padded and reinforced to protect vulnerable areas.
Items that are fragile, extremely heavy or of high value will be protected in a made to measure crate for added protection.
- Automobiles are securely braced into steel containers.
- Motorcycles are transported in custom-built crates.
Batteries are disconnected and fuel tanks are drained prior to shipping, according to regulations.