Personal information is collected only when an individual knowingly and voluntarily submits information. Personal Information may be required to provide an individual with further services or to answer any requests or enquiries relating to this service.
It is Crown’s intention that this policy will protect an individual’s personal information from being prejudiced in any way and this policy is consistent with the privacy laws applicable in South Africa.
Crown collects, stores and use the personal information provide by an individual, in order to provide an estimated insurance quotation.
USE OF INFORMATION
Crown needs to collect personal or other information:
- For underwriting purposes
- Assessing and processing claims
- Conducting credit reference searches or verification
- Confirming and verifying an individual’s identity
- For credit assessment and credit management
- For purposes of claims history
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Follow an individual’s instructions
- Inform an individual of services
- Make sure Crown’s business suits the individual’s needs
Personal information that an individual submits is used only for the purpose for which it was intended. Copies of correspondence that may contain personal information, is stored in archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
Crown will not, without an individual’s consent, share information with any other third parties, for any purposes whatsoever.
Crown strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted. Crown will review and update its security measures in accordance with future legislation and technological advances. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, however, Crown will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information, which an individual submits to Crown or to Crown’s online products and services. Crown will at all times set the highest standards to ensure the integrity of their systems.
Crown may engage with other organisations to provide support services to Crown. Third Parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Crown. A Service Level agreement is in place with all Third parties to ensure adherence to all Privacy Policies.
Crown’s employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Crown. All employees are required to sign an employment contract which includes a confidentiality clause.
Crown will not reveal any personal information to anyone unless:
- It is compelled to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or when it is otherwise allowed by law
- It is in the public interest
- Crown needs to do so to protect their rights
Crown endeavors to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which they hold about an individual, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If at any time, an individual discovers that information gathered about them is incorrect, they may contact Crown to have the information corrected.
Crown recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about individuals, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual ("personal information").
+27 (11) 3721700
1 Drakensberger Drive,
Longmeadow Business Estate (West)
Modder Fontein, Johannesburg, 1610
TREATING CUSTOMERS FAIRLY (TCF)
The principals of TCF are well established in our business practice and it is a principal that we embrace. Should you be interested in the details, you can download the TCF document.