Kies het land

Translated content not available for this page

Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?
Most people have their own vehicles. However, a local bus service runs hourly throughout most of the suburbs, including Mt. Maunganui and Papamoa. Cycling lanes are available on busy roads.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?
If you have a current and valid overseas driver's license, you can drive with it for a maximum of 12 months from the date you arrive in New Zealand. If your overseas license or permit is not in English, you must carry an acceptable translation. If you are staying for more than 12 months, you must obtain a New Zealand driver's license. Depending on the country you have come from, you may have to pass a theory and/or practical test. Please visit your local Automobile Association office to obtain an application for a New Zealand driver's license.
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?
Motorists drive on the left-hand side of the road.
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.
While the majority of people use their own motor vehicles to get around the city, the downtown center is quite small and can easily be walked. The local bus service is gradually changing its timetable for commuters. The buses in Tauranga are called the Bay Hoppers. The local bus service is provided by Bayline Buses and managed by Environment Bay of Plenty.
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.
The best option is private car, but there is a network of buses that depart throughout the day to other North Island centers. There is no passenger train, but a ferry operates during summer months to link Tauranga city with Mt. Maunganui.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?
There are no additional safety issues apart from remembering that we drive on the left side of the road. Pedestrians who are not used to this system should be cautious when crossing the road. Seatbelts are required for all passengers. Motorcyclists are required to wear crash helmets. Maximum legal speed on highways and motorways is normally 100 kph (61 mph). In cities and towns, the limit is 50 kph (30 mph).
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?
Tickets for most forms of public transport can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center on the Strand. Commuter bus fares can be paid when boarding the bus. Timetables for all forms of transport can be obtained from the information center.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.


Gratis Prijsopgave Verhuizing

De eerste stap naar uw
nieuwe avontuur

  • Uw aanvraag wordt behandeld door een consulent
  • Gemiddelde resttijd voor het invullen: 1 minuut
  • Met 200 locaties en medewerkers ter plaatse in bijna 60 landen, brengen wij u en uw gezin naar uw plaats van bestemming. Wij zijn hier om u te ontzorgen.
Alles verliep soepel en volgens plan. ;