Venice Education

What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?
The majority of expats chose private international schools for their children. This is because most parents want their children to continue in their home country's curriculum, instead of adopting the Italian one.
↑ Top

What are some examples of these schools?

  • The following are some typical schools where expats enroll their children:

    • International School of Treviso
    • English school of Padua

    Both schools offer a bus service for students.

↑ Top

Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?
It depends on the school grade and on the area of the city. According to the new Italian schooling system, parents have to pre-enrol their children to public school very early, especially for preschool and elementary school. Early enrolment is also recommended for private international schools, where possible, but International Schools will most certainly accept foreign children even if they arrive during the school year.
↑ Top

Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?
Italian public preschools are usually fully booked. The above international schools offer a pre-school service as well, with classes conducted in both languages. Bus service may not be available for very small children.
↑ Top

How are most kids transported to and from school?
If the school is in Venice, you will need to walk the child to school or take a boat.
↑ Top

When does the typical school year start and end?
School starts mid-September and ends mid-June. Private schools offer summer classes as well for working parents.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about local schools?
Some schools ask for valid proof of vaccinations before enrolment. Schools usually provide a canteen with healthy and balanced food.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.