Are there any vaccinations I should get or other health precautions to take as I prepare for my move to your city?

There are no mandatory vaccinations for Dalian. However, the following vaccinations are recommended:

  • Hepatitis A and B

  • Typhoid

  • Yellow Fever

  • Japanese encephalitis

  • Rabies

Also, all travellers should be up-to-date on tetanus-diphtheria, measles-mumps-rubella, polio and Varicella immunizations. Crown Dalian can provide you with an up-to-date list of recommendations; however you are urged to consult with your healthcare provider to determine what is right for you and your family.
↑ Top

Before I get sick, what should I know about seeking medical care in your city as an expat?

Medical insurance is highly recommended. Medical costs are usually paid up front by the patient and then reimbursed from the insurance company. You could also check with a local medical clinic before visiting to confirm whether your medical insurance scheme is accepted.
↑ Top

What is the word for "doctor" in the local language?

The local word for doctor is Yi-sheng.
↑ Top

What is the best way to locate a suitable health care provider?

Your insurance provider or employer should be able to provide you with a complete listing of available doctors. For further assistance contact Crown Dalian.
↑ Top

Do expats in the area tend to leave the city/area/country to seek medical care? If so, why and where do they go?

While some expats do leave Dalian for more serious medical treatments, most are content seeking local medical care for minor illnesses.
↑ Top

What is the number to call to summon help in an emergency? List medical/fire/police.

For emergencies dial:

  • 120 or 999 for an ambulance (Chinese-speaking)

  • 119 for fire rescue (Chinese-speaking)

  • 110 for the police (Chinese-speaking)

↑ Top

What do I do if there's an emergency in the middle of the night—or at another time when my normal doctor/clinic is unavailable?

If an emergency occurs in the middle of the night either call one of the numbers above and wait for an ambulance or have a family member or friend drive you to the closest major hospital in your area. Major hospitals have 24-hour emergency clinics, so identifying the closest 24-hour emergency clinic from where you live is an important first task once you have had a chance to settle in.
↑ Top

How will I recognize a pharmacy? What is it called in the local language?

Yao Dian or Yao Fang are the Chinese words for pharmacy. The Chinese symbol is: ıı.

To locate a pharmacy, look for the bright green cross on the outside of the building.
↑ Top

Is the water safe to drink?

It is advised that you do not drink the tap water unless it is boiled first. Bottled water is preferred and is widely available.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.