Kobe Health

Are there any vaccinations I should get or other health precautions to take as I prepare for my move to your city?
Please check with your medical professional.
Before I get sick, what should I know about seeking medical care in your city as an expat?
While employed in Japan, you are eligible to use public medical facilities. However, not all have languages other than Japanese available. Therefore, many expats choose to maintain their own health insurance and use private clinics with foreign language capabilities. Overall, the quality of care is good in Kobe.
What is the word for "doctor" in the local language?
Sensei or O-Isha-San

What is the best way to locate a suitable health care provider?
Check with Crown Kobe, your embassy or your international school.
Do expats in the area tend to leave the city/area/country to seek medical care? If so, why and where do they go?
Generally, expats stay in Kobe for medical care as there are foreign language options in Kobe.

What is the number to call to summon help in an emergency? List medical/fire/police.
Dial 110 for police and 119 for medical ambulance.
What do I do if there's an emergency in the middle of the night—or at another time when my normal doctor/clinic is unavailable?
Call: Kobe City Medical Center General Hospital: chuo.kcho.jp/foreign_page/eng/eng_index.html
Kobe Kaisei Hospital: http://www.kobe-kaisei.org/english
Rokko Island Hospital: http://www.kohnan.or.jp/rokko/
A doctor is present 24 hours in the hospitals listed. However, a specialist to treat your case may not be available and it is possible that you may be rejected. Always call ahead.

How will I recognize a pharmacy? What is it called in the local language?
Kusuriya-san or Yakkyoku
Is the water safe to drink?
Yes, the water is safe to drink.
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.