Hanoi Young People

How well-equipped is this city for those raising infants/toddlers? Specifically, are there public places to change diapers, maintained playgrounds, etc?
Compared to many cities, Hanoi is not very well equipped for small kids. There are no public places to change diapers. However, most expat housing complexes have playgrounds.
↑ Top

Where can I get a list of reliable childcare providers/nannies?
Crown Hanoi will put you in contact with Maid in Vietnam, a reputable local company that provides child care and housekeeping services for expats.
↑ Top

Discuss any safety issues for children in this city.
The chaotic traffic can be a threat.
↑ Top

What are the most popular kid-friendly attractions in the area?
Hanoi's water park is the most popular attraction among kids in Hanoi.
↑ Top

What are the most popular activities for kids after school or on weekends?
As there aren’t many activities specifically for expats kids, youngsters usually enjoy playing with other expat kids on the playgrounds. Swimming pools at expat housing areas are also very popular.
↑ Top

What's it like to be a teenager in this city? Are there any particular challenges I should be aware of as a parent?
Hanoi is a very safe city, so teenagers usually have more freedom to go out. However, there are no special places/ activities designated for teens.
↑ Top

Are there any organizations/social groups in the area that cater exclusively to young people ages 12-17?
↑ Top

I want my child to get the most out of our stay in this country. Are there any specific opportunities to teach young people about the local culture?
One suggestion is to join a group such as Friends of Vietnam Heritage. Your child might also enjoy activities at Hanoi School of Fine Arts. Other good ideas include events related to music or Vietnamese language courses.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.