Are there any vaccinations I should get or other health precautions to take as I prepare for my move to your city?
There are no required vaccinations.
Before I get sick, what should I know about seeking medical care in your city as an expat?
Anyone holding the HKID card is eligible for public health care services provided by the Hospital Authority. You will still receive treatment even if you do not have an HKID card, but the charges will be different. There are also private hospitals available in Hong Kong that provide health care services. Prices vary among these hospitals.

If you need to consult a general practitioner or specialist, you may find a variety of private chain or stand-alone clinics around the city. All doctors can speak English. When you get prescribed medicine, you will be able to collect it right away at the clinic's pharmacy.
What is the word for "doctor" in the local language?
Doctor for Western treatment - Yee Sung
Doctor for Chinese treatment (e.g., herbal) - Chung Yee
What is the best way to locate a suitable health care provider?
Crown Hong Kong recommends checking with your health insurer and/or your company to see whether coverage is applicable to any medical practitioner or is limited to a list of designated practitioners.
Friends, colleagues and current doctors are all good sources of recommendations for locating reliable health care providers. Crown Hong Kong also knows of many quality providers.
Do expats in the area tend to leave the city/area/country to seek medical care? If so, why and where do they go?
No. Hong Kong has good medical facilities available and there are many Western-trained physicians.
What is the number to call to summon help in an emergency? List medical/fire/police.
999 is the one and only number for all emergency services in Hong Kong. 
What do I do if there's an emergency in the middle of the night—or at another time when my normal doctor/clinic is unavailable?
If there is an emergency, please call 999 and ask for Accident & Emergency (A&E) services. Please bring your HKID card for registration at the hospital. There will an attendance fee of approximately HK$100 per visit at the hospital/clinic for the holder of a HKID and approximately HK$990 for those who does not have a HKID card.

In order for patients to be provided with timely treatment, all patients attending A&E departments of the Hospital Authority are subject to triage on arrival. Whenever a patient registers for treatment, the triage nurse classifies the patient as requiring critical, emergency, urgent, semi-urgent or non-urgent treatment. Priority for treatment is given to the patient according to his or her condition, not according to the time of registration.

How will I recognize a pharmacy? What is it called in the local language?
Pharmacies in Hong Kong operate in much the same way as in western countries, with certain pharmacies open 24 hours daily. These are usually found as part of a hospital or clinic. Regular business hours for pharmacies are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Most pharmacies have the Rx symbol on their storefronts.

Watson's and Manning's are reliable chains of pharmacies in Hong Kong. Many hospitals and clinics have their own pharmacies, though they may only carry prescription medication. Pharmacy in Cantonese is Yuek Fong.
Is the water safe to drink?
Tap water is not potable in Hong Kong and must be boiled before drinking. Hong Kong’s tap water has a slight smell of chlorine. This is because a small amount of residual chlorine is maintained in the water to keep it free from bacterial infection during its journey from treatment works, through high-rise roof tanks, to the taps. This minimal amount of chlorine will disappear once the water is boiled.
Alternatively, bottled water - still, sparkling, mineral and distilled - is readily available at grocery stores.
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.