Turin Accommodation

What are the top factors to keep in mind when searching for a place to live in your city?
There are different types of contracts, depending on the period of stay. Once you’ve got the contract you need to show it to the nearest Police Station for “antimafia” purposes.

↑ Top

What are the most popular neighborhoods in your city for expats?
Some expats choose to live in the hilly part of Turin, which is a very pleasant area surrounded by nature. While other expats live everywhere in the city, just like any other citizen in Turin.
↑ Top

Do expats tend to buy or rent their homes?
They tend to rent apartments or houses.
↑ Top

Typically, will I be required to pay additional money up front (such as a deposit) before moving into leased housing? If so, how much is common?
You must make a down payment of some months, depending on the contract you have (two – three months of rental payments).
↑ Top

Are utilities generally included in the price of rent, or are they extra?
The utilities are extra costs.
↑ Top

Are there special security concerns I should be aware of in regards to my home or choice of neighborhood?
As in every other city, there are different neighborhoods; some are safe and some are less secure. You can obtain more precise information from the local population / estate agents.
↑ Top

I’m not sure if I should bring my appliances. What is the electric current, Hz and plug shape in your city?
The electric current is 220 Volts, the Hz is 50/60 and the plug shape is fine for Schuko plugs (23-5 for the Comitato Elettrotecnico Internazionale). The American-style plugs are not compatible.
↑ Top

Do you have any other accommodation information that might help me?
Nothing, in addition to the above.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.