What are the items that I should bring with me because they’re not available (or are too expensive) where I am going?
Nothing special. International food stores are available.
Will anyone have particular trouble finding clothes that fit?
No, that should not be a problem.
What grocery stores do expats in your city shop at?
Expats shop at the same stores Amsterdam natives shop at. These include Albert Heijn, Dirk vd Broek, Aldi, Lidl, Edah and C1000.
Where can other household items (such as cleaning materials and home furnishings) be found?
- IKEA - household goods and furniture
- Hema - household goods, food, photo services and clothes
- Blokker - household goods
- Vroom & Dreesman - household goods, food, clothes and furniture
- Trendhopper - household goods and furniture
- Bijenkorf - household goods, food, clothes and furniture
What are factors that might affect my shopping habits in this country/city?
Plan your purchase of furniture well if you live in a building without an elevator. Sometimes it is required to pass large pieces of furniture through the window with the help of an outside elevator.
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.