Tianjin Transport

Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?
You can drive a vehicle, but it is also easy to take a taxi or subway.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?
If you already have a driver's license from your home country, you will need to obtain a Chinese driver's license by taking a series of tests (which do not actually involve driving). Contact Crown Tianjin for assistance.
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?
Vehicles drive on the right.
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.
The subway and taxis are the best options.
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.
Yes, you can also use taxis or the subway to get outside of the city.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?
You should be wary of traffic conditions, especially during the first few weeks of your assignment. Drivers, cyclists and pedestrians are accustomed to going where they want to go without looking. When walking, driving, or riding a bicycle, never assume that someone has seen you and will take action to avoid colliding with you.
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?
Subway tickets are available at the station entrances.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.