What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?

There are more than 70 international schools in Bangkok, so selecting the right school can be quite a task. Crown Bangkok can simplify this process by helping you narrow down your options, arranging tours and even assisting with applications.

Note that travel times are an important consideration when choosing a school, as these can be quite extreme. For example, if you live in town and your child goes to the International School of Bangkok, he or she might leave the house at 6:15 a.m. and not return until 4 p.m. or later.
↑ Top

What are some examples of these schools?

The most popular international schools are:
  • International School of Bangkok - an American School located close to the old airport (Don Muang Airport), 45 - 50 minutes outside of the city center.
  • New International School of Thailand -- International Baccalaureate.
  • Bangkok Patana School - a British school located about 40 minutes from the center of town (in light traffic). In rush hour, it can take around one hour to reach Patana from the center of Bangkok.

Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?

Not really.
↑ Top

Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?

Yes, there plenty all over Bangkok.

How are most kids transported to and from school?

Schools usually operate buses to transport children.
↑ Top

When does the typical school year start and end?

Classes generally begin in August and end in either June or July.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about local schools?

There are some really great schools available in Bangkok, but main language being taught and spoken in local schools is Thai language.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.