Netherlands delivers environmental and community benefits
February 11, 2013
Continued commitments to reducing CO2 and carbon off-setting by Crown in Netherlands provide environmental and social benefits to local communities.
On January 2nd Crown Netherlands was assessed for ISO14001 management and found to be totally compliant.
The ISO 14001 certification provides practical help for organizations to improve their environmental performance in such areas as:
• Reducing waste
• Savings energy and materials
• Reducing the environmental impact of distribution
Crown also evaluated its CO2 footprint based on its consumption of important natural resources, for example, water, gas, and oil, and found it to be 198 tons.
According to the certification process, Crown is able to offset its CO2 emissions by supporting social projects.
Crown Netherlands supports the Small Hydro Run of River Plant in India.
The project includes an array of community initiatives:
• Planting hundreds of trees on the hill slopes at the project site
• Primary school building at village Chowki (near the barrage site)
• Distributing pullovers, books and stationery to school children in the area
• Appointing new teachers to the village primary school
• Upgrading medical facilities in the area by helping in construction of an X-ray zone in the government healthcare center and maintaining an acupressure dispensary
• Renovating three ancient Shiva temples in nearby villages
• Improving the Bhuntun-Manikaran highway and other municipal construction projects
Crown Netherlands continues to make progress in reducing its CO2 emissions by using
using hybrid cars, installing lower emission heating, reducing use of natural resources by educating employees and service partners, and using FSC certified packing materials.
The ISO 14001 certificate was granted by the authorized Dutch company Groenbalans.