Dublin should have everything you need in a variety of price ranges similar to any large city.Top
There should be no problem buying clothes that will fit. You can also find many specialty stores for big and tall people, and if you do need something more specific, you can usually find what you need online; online shopping is very popular in Ireland.Top
The most popular grocery and home product stores in Dublin are:
- Tesco - largest food retailer in Ireland, operating 79 stores nationwide. The store also has a range of Irish and international food and non-food products, including fresh foods, convenience foods, grocery, clothing, home entertainment and housewares.
- Superquinn - huge supermarket providing an array of fresh foods (particularly Irish-focused foods) and many departments, such as pizza, pasta, salads, bakers and sausage kitchens.
- SuperValu - Ireland's largest independent retailer, currently with 211 supermarkets throughout the country. You can either shop in the store or online.
- Dunnes - Ireland's 2nd-largest supermarket; you may purchase anything from grocery items to housewares, as well as clothing.
- Marks & Spencer - a very big and unique department store; one of the UK's leading retailers of clothes, food, home products and financial services.
Cleaning materials and home furnishings can be found at either Dunnes and Marks & Spencer (listed above) or at other popular stores such as Homebase and Atlantic Home Care.Top
Most people bring their own bags to bring home their purchased items because there is a 15-cent charge if the store provides their bags. Another alternative is either shopping online or choosing the store's home-delivery service. This is often more convenient and sometimes less expensive.Top
Superquinn Grocery Store
Tesco Grocery Store
Marks & Spencers
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Please contact your closest embassy or consulate for confirmation.