Are there any vaccinations I should get or other health precautions to take as I prepare for my move to your city?
Please consult your health care provider for the most up-to-date requirements.
↑ Top

Before I get sick, what should I know about seeking medical care in your city as an expat?
For most transferees, medical care is part of the compensation package provided by the employer. Contact your Human Resources department for details.
↑ Top

What is the word for "doctor" in the local language?
Very easy – "doktor."
↑ Top

What is the best way to locate a suitable health care provider?
Warsaw has a variety of professional medical care centers and clinics. Generally, you can be referred to a provider by your employer. You may also consult with chambers of commerce.
↑ Top

Do expats in the area tend to leave the city/area/country to seek medical care? If so, why and where do they go?
For very complicated surgery, some expats will leave Poland. However, please note that the level of medical care and professionalism of Polish doctors is very high, so this may not really be necessary.
↑ Top

What is the number to call to summon help in an emergency? List medical/fire/police.

  • Call 48 (22) 999 to call an ambulance (Polish-speaking)
  • Call 48 (22) 997 for police (English is available)

↑ Top

What do I do if there's an emergency in the middle of the night—or at another time when my normal doctor/clinic is unavailable?
Call the public emergency number: 999.
↑ Top

How will I recognize a pharmacy? What is it called in the local language?
There are a lot of pharmacies around Warsaw. In Polish, look for the word “apteka.” A green cross sign is common, but not all pharmacies are marked like this.
↑ Top

Is the water safe to drink?
Unfortunately, water in the city is not very clear. You should not drink it without boiling it first.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.