Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?
Expats often use taxis as a mode of transportation, but most expats have their own transportation.
You can drive yourself or employ a chauffeur.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?
Your existing license will have to be converted to a Philippine license at the Land Transport Office.
You will have to pass a medical test. Insurance is also necessary.
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.
Expatriates seldom use public transportation
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.
Using public transportation to get out of the city is, unfortunately, not really an option for expats.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?
Driving conditions are very different from most developed countries. If you do use public transportation, beware of pickpockets. Buses and jeepneys (brightly decorated Jeep-like vehicles) are also sometimes hijacked by petty thieves.
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?
Fares for buses and jeepneys should be paid on board the vehicle itself.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.