Turin Transport

Will I need to drive my own vehicle to conduct my everyday life (work/school/shopping) at my destination?
If you live/work/go to school in the city itself or the first ring outside the city you may not need a vehicle, because there are other means of transport available, including taxis, buses and a newly-built underground. If, instead, you live/work/go to school outside the town, it is recommended that you have a vehicle, for convenience.
↑ Top

How can I legally drive a vehicle in this city?
You need to have a European Driving License, which you can obtain from a local driving school. Besides that, you need to insure your vehicle (you can pay the insurance annually or semi-annually).
↑ Top

What side of the road do people drive on?
We drive on the right-hand side of the road.
↑ Top

Describe typical public transportation an expat might use to get around the city.
The typical public transportation is the bus or the tram, and also the underground.
↑ Top

Could an expat also use public transportation to get out of the city—to surrounding towns, recreation areas or suburbs? If so, list options.
Yes, there are suburban means of transport such as “Sadem” buses, as well as the train.
↑ Top

In regards to transportation, are there any safety issues I should be aware of?
You should be careful, especially on certain lines - as in most cities, pickpockets who steal wallets and bags may be present.
↑ Top

Where do I buy tickets/tokens/etc. for the major public transportation?
You can buy them from tobacconists, newsagents and special information points.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.