What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?
Most expats choose to send their children to international schools; public schools are not recommended for expats.
↑ Top

What are some examples of these schools?
There are international schools and bilingual schools from which to choose, as shown below. We can help you to find the best option.

Chapel School (equivalent of American Catholic school)
Rua Vigario Joao Pontes, 537 - Chacara Flora
The population of this school is almost 70 percent Latin American.

Graded School
Av. Giovani Gronchi – Morumbi
This school is the most popular for expats. Its student body is comprised of 40 percent foreigners, largely North and Latin Americans: Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, etc.

St. Nicholas School
Av. Eusébio Matoso, 333 - Pinheiros
This British school caters to pupils between the ages of 2 and 18, with the curriculum offered in English. The school also provides adequate Brazilian studies for Ensino Fundamental and Ensino Médio.
↑ Top

Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?
Not really. There is a wide variety of well-appointed private schools with many spaces available. There is a waiting list for some international schools.
↑ Top

Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?
Yes, although not many are for children of expatriates; most are geared toward local children
↑ Top

How are most kids transported to and from school?
School buses are frequently chartered by the schools.
↑ Top

When does the typical school year start and end?
The international schools' term tends to run from August to May. Local schools are from January to December.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about local schools?
Nothing in particular.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.