How close-knit is the expat community in this area? How do I get involved with it?
In Costa Rica, there are various organizations for expatriates, depending on a particular national community. These organizations can provide a very good start for expatriates who are new to the area. They are a great place to meet people like themselves, share experiences, and learn all the little details involved in making the adjustment to Costa Rica.
↑ Top

Beside expat groups, what is the best way to make social connections outside of work?
Costa Ricans (Ticos) are generally gentle, spirited, friendly, educated, polite and kind people. Most seem to like visitors from other countries and treat them well. There are, of course, exceptions, but as a whole, you can expect to be made welcome wherever you go. It is very probable that you develop a very warm friendship with your Costa Rican neighborhood. Also there are many ways to meet people in Costa Rica from social scenes to volunteering at one of the many organizations for Conservation of Tropical Biodiversity. Another good way to make friends is in Spanish school. In the San Jose, Heredia and Alajuela areas, there are many Spanish schools where you can meet many expats.
↑ Top

Where can I meet other singles in this city?
The local newspapers and magazines always have listings of the city's clubs, hot spots and upcoming events. There is always a chance to meet interesting people at one of the many charity organizations.
↑ Top

Are there any unique networking opportunities for accompanying partners?
Partners can also meet people by joining a group or volunteering their time at a local organization and/or charity. This is a great way to get out there, be involved and meet new people.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.