What are the items that I should bring with me because they’re not available (or are too expensive) where I am going?

This depends on the country you are coming from. Please be aware there are restrictions on foodstuffs brought into the UK, so you are advised against importing such items. Because London is so multicultural, you will find just about anything! Most commonly bought items are reasonably priced and good quality.
↑ Top

Will anyone have particular trouble finding clothes that fit?

No, the UK's shopping allows for a variety of shapes and sizes. If you are looking for clothes or shoes, sizing will vary depending on which stores you visit and which brands you purchase.
↑ Top

What grocery stores do expats in your city shop at?

Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Waitrose, Cooperative, Tesco and Marks and Spencer. London also has a huge amount of markets which run throughout the week and at weekends, where you can buy almost anything, from cheap eats to fresh produce, to art and antiques, vintage and designer fashions and jewellery.
↑ Top

Where can other household items (such as cleaning materials and home furnishings) be found?

At the supermarkets mentioned above and specialist stores such as Debenhams, John Lewis and Homebase for home furnishings.
↑ Top

What are factors that might affect my shopping habits in this country/city?

Parking restrictions! You will find there is a great deal of choice for shopping in the UK and in London, with famous department stores such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols, a wide range of specialist stores and 'high street' shops for fashion. Also don't forget to bring £1 for trolley access at most supermarkets. You can also order groceries easily online and have it delivered to your home for a small cost.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.