Do you want to start planning your international relocation with an accurate quote, without having to have a consultant physically come to your home?
We've been performing virtual consultations since 2011, in that time we've helped thousands of families relocate internationally, all starting with simple video-calling technology.
What is a virtual consultation?
Virtual consultations are our quick, easy way of gathering your requirements, using video calling to understand the things you want to take with you when you relocate, as well as access conditions. One of our consultants will call you on an agreed upon date and understand what it is you need to move, we’ll then tailor our quote to those needs and get back with a proposal as soon as we can.
And of course, if you do need a consultant to come and visit you, we'd only be too happy to accommodate this in a socially distanced, safe way. The option for both is available to you whenever you choose to start planning your journey.
What a virtual consultation can do for you
- Simple and convenient, to get you on the move
- Complete video record of all items you’re moving
- Flexible to arrange with times that suit you
The easiest way to do it is through our online form here.
Submit your information and one of our Relocation Consultant will be getting in contact to schedule the consultation. Crown also sends some additional information about the destinations, which is important to consider when planning a move.
Booking should be made as far in advance as possible. The best time to start the process of an international or domestic move is 2-3 months prior to the likely move date. Our recommendation, because of the availability, is to program the consultation at least 2 weeks in advance.
It depends on the volume of the move. It’s main objective is to run through with the client all the items to be included in the move. For a full move, a virtual consultation might take 40 or 50 minutes.
After 48 business hours, the Relocation Consultant will estimate the volume of the move and will prepare a formal proposal.
Tips to prepare a virtual consultation for a more accurate quote
Here are a few things that you can do prior to your appointment that will help us conduct the consultation efficiently:
- Ensure your mobile phone or tablet is fully charged and connected to your Wi-Fi network and is capable of streaming video. If using cellular service – 3G or 4G is required.
- Open up all closets, cabinets and drawers, especially in the kitchen.
- Advice consultant of any high value, fragile, sentimental items or any items that may require a specialist (electrician, handyman, etc.).
- Turn on all lights in your home for better visibility.
- Have a flashlight and a measuring tape available.