What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?
Expats in St. Petersburg tend to either send their children to the local international schools or Russian schools that offer study of foreign languages in their program.
What are some examples of these schools?
- Middle School Nr. 29: A Russian state school that offers thorough study of French and law
- School Nr. 171: A Russian state school with a Russian-French department
- French Institute in St. Petersburg
- German Goethe Schule: Russian/German School
- American School: An excellent school, though quite small when compared to the one in Moscow
- European School: A center for international education
Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?
Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?
Yes, there are several Russian and also foreign pre-schools, such as the ILA Aspect British Kindergarten, which can be reached at: 007 812 118 8217.
How are most kids transported to and from school?
Several schools operate bus services, and many children take those.
When does the typical school year start and end?
Classes generally begin in September and end in May.
Is there anything else I should know about local schools?
Russian state schools offer a very high level of education.
Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.