Suzhou Education

What types of schools do most expats in your city choose for their children?
Expats tend to send their children to international schools in Suzhou.
↑ Top

What are some examples of these schools?
Suzhou has four main international schools: Suzhou Singapore International School, Suzhou Eton House International School, QSI International School of Suzhou and Dulwich College.
↑ Top

Is there a lot of competition for spots in local schools?
For those with children under 10 years of age, spaces are at a premium. Apply as early as possible to secure a seat. Waiting lists are normal as we approach the beginning of a school year. For non-native English applicants, the admissions office may require that your child take a language proficiency test and/or be subjected to an interview. These are usually conducted at the school.
↑ Top

Are pre-schools also widely available (for children approx. 2 to 5 years old)?
The international schools have pre-school classes available. There are also many international kindergartens/play-schools for expatriate children.
↑ Top

How are most kids transported to and from school?
Many children take buses provided by the schools. These buses stop at many of the serviced accommodation compounds. Some children are taken to school by a parent, who is often provided with a car and driver by his or her employer.
↑ Top

When does the typical school year start and end?
School typically starts during the last week of August or the first week of September. The school year ends in mid to late June.
↑ Top

Is there anything else I should know about local schools?
At local schools, classes are conducted in Mandarin. Classes range in size from 30 to 40 students. School hours are from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.