There is so much to consider when you’re preparing for a relocation. A Crown Consultant will be conducting the in-home consultation and be able to guide you through the process. Before your in-home consultation, there are some things you’ll want to consider. Below is an outline of what you can expect.
Before your appointment:
- Plan for the Crown Consultant to be with you for 60 to 90 minutes. This is to ensure we get a thorough understanding of your needs and a chance for you to ask any questions.
- Do a pre-walk-through of your home. Check closets, drawers, garages, attics and basements. Use this time to determine which items will be moving and which won’t.
Appointment walk-through and inventory - Your Crown Consultant will:
- Meet with you to discuss your requirements, needs and address any questions you have.
- Accompany you on a walk-through of your home and complete a detailed inventory of all goods to be moved.
- Assess any fragile or high-value items that require additional protection or special treatment.
- Accurately assess the volume of your goods and any special packing requirements.
- Discuss your preferred packing dates and potential transit times.
- Determine any extra services, such as storage, car or pet transportation you may like to take advantage of.
- Discuss rules for transporting dangerous goods, food, liquids and/or alcohol.
Post-walk-through and inventory – Your Crown Consultant will:
- Explain our packaging techniques, our commitment to the environment and transit options.
- Provide information on documentation requirements.
- Inform you of destination requirements and customs regulations.
- Discuss risk management and policy options available for your protection.
- Complete a Move Planner highlighting our commitments to you.
- Advise when we’ll provide your tailored Service Proposal for your international relocation. Detailing costs, transit times and key dates.
Together, we’ll work to ensure your relocation goes as smoothly as possible.