Doha Networking

How close-knit is the expat community in this area? How do I get involved with it?
You could start by asking your embassy for groups that cater to your nationality. The British Embassy provides a lot of information, even a list with telephone numbers. In some magazines (e.g., Marhaba), you can find details on clubs and activities around town. These magazines are distributed free of charge at hotels, clubs and shops.
↑ Top

Beside expat groups, what is the best way to make social connections outside of work?
There are various sports teams in Qatar, such as Qatar Open Tennis League, Qatar Chess Federation, Doha Duffers Squash League, Doha Sub-Aqua Club, Dukhan Sailing Association, Doha Sailing Association, Qatar Badminton Club and others. Gyms are also good places to meet people. All international hotels have gym facilities, including sports clubs, such as Doha Club, Diplomatic Club, Gold's Gym, Doha Fitness & Tennis Center and the Al Dana Club.

If you'd like to meet people at social clubs, you can try Cine-Club, Doha Garden Club, Natural History Group, Qatar Scientific Club, Qatar Hash House Harriers, South African Club, Toastmasters, American Women's Association, India Women's Group, Silver Dhow Association, Tuesday Group and many more.
↑ Top

Where can I meet other singles in this city?
There are no special events or places for singles, though you can meet others in hotel bars. Most things tend to be family-oriented.
↑ Top

Are there any unique networking opportunities for accompanying partners?
Coffee mornings and other activities are held by the Tuesday Group, the American Women’s Association and many other groups. You can find out about these activities in Marhaba Magazine, a guide to activities in Qatar.
↑ Top

Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.