What are the items that I should bring with me because they’re not available (or are too expensive) where I am going?

Western goods are readily available in Singapore. In fact, you may miss the availability of products in Singapore when you move out and not the other way around. Generally consumer goods in Singapore are more costly so online shopping is a good option, but be careful if you order electrical goods from Amazon US as the power will likely be an issue.
↑ Top

Will anyone have particular trouble finding clothes that fit?

This is not a problem in general, but larger sizes are not always easy to find, especially in shoes. Keep in mind that tailoring is relatively cheap and is an option if you cannot find your size.
↑ Top

What grocery stores do expats in your city shop at?

Jason's The Gourmet Grocer and Jason's Market Place hold a good range of sought-after imported products. In addition, NTUC Finest and Cold Storage are popular with both expats and local Singaporeans, while NTUC Fairprice caters more to the local market, their finest branches have a greater range of options and are becoming more popular with expats.

Groceries in Singapore can be costly, so be sure to visit the wet markets which can offer a great selection of vegetables, fish and meats at more reasonable prices.
↑ Top

Where can other household items (such as cleaning materials and home furnishings) be found?

You will find these items at all supermarkets and department stores. There is also an abundance of specialty furniture stores.
↑ Top

What are factors that might affect my shopping habits in this country/city?

The only consideration might be the weather. It can be very hot mid-day and quite difficult to hail a taxi when it is raining.
↑ Top


Crown Relocations has made every effort to present accurate information. However, regulations, rates and other variables are subject to change and Crown Relocations cannot accept responsibility for the errors that might result. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please contact your local Crown representative.